Sharing business, style and sisterhood, Kat and Yianna Velos are a dynamic, creative and unbeatable duo. Read and feel the love, whether you're celebrating Valentine's, Galentine's, something in between (or all of the above)!
Thank you for being you! Thank you for being my sister and best friend wrapped up in one!
My adoration for you knows no bounds. You are my greatest source of love, support and humour and for that, I will forever be grateful to you!
You are a ray of sunshine whose abundant, vibrant spirit instantly uplifts and fills everyone with so much happiness.
I love you always!
To my sister and lifelong soulmate Yianna,
Words fall short when trying to encapsulate how much you mean to me.
No day starts or ends without a good morning or a good night for you. I am so fortunate to have my built-in best friend by my side this Valentine's Day and for every other.
To know you is to love you - you are impossibly kind, considerate and always fiercely loyal.
You constantly encourage, inspire and speak the truth. I'm so proud of the woman you are and will continue to become.
Your sister Katianna ❤️
What does friendship mean to you?
Friendship for me is based on a fundamental understanding, love and respect for the other person.
It's not based on how much time you spend with someone, what you buy them or what they do for you - it's based on an unconditional love and understanding, and a gratitude for that person being the person that they are.
My life is enriched by all the threads of friendships that I have been fortunate enough to experience in this lifetime.
My friendships mean the world to me and I love sharing life with those who I love most by my side, for the good and the bad times, because life is a rollercoaster. However, ultimately, it's always beautiful.
What is your ideal Valentine's / Galentine's Day?
My ideal Valentine's / Galentine's Day is sharing a beautiful meal with my friends and reflecting on all the ups and downs of our shared experiences.
It's about enjoying the present moment with gratitude in mind and planning the future together with all the excitement that life has to offer.
If this takes place in a stunning location or over a homecooked meal, I will cherish it even more. Lots of laughter is a non-negotiable.
Can you give us your top 3:
Bestie tips -
1. Respect each other's boundaries - even though you are best friends, this doesn't give you the pass to infringe on your bestie's boundaries. Be respectful and don't try to pressure them to follow your agenda.
2. Learn each other's love language and show your love by speaking their language. For example, if your best friend's love language is gifts, show them how much you care about them by buying them a gift they would love (a.k.a. a stunning piece of jewellery from Reliquia).
3. Laugh! Prioritise having fun with your besties and going on adventures! At the end of the day, all you have are memories so go on that overseas trip, go out for girls' night, say yes to that double date! Your laughs will last you for years to come!
Expressions of love to others -
1. Cooking for them! Growing up, buying the best quality produce and cooking a delicious feast was our way of showing love to one another. This is still a ritual we both treasure, bonding over a delicious meal and bottle of fine wine.
2. Surprising someone you love with something that will make them smile! This doesn't have to be extravagant, it can be something as small as a bunch of flowers. It's the thought that will move them.
3. Telling and showing somehow how you feel about them! We assume that people know how we feel about them, but sometimes we need the acknowledgement and recognition from those we love that we matter and make their lives sunnier!
Acts of self-love -
1. Speaking kindly to yourself. It's so easy to criticise yourself, but it takes just as much effort to be kind to yourself. I always try to show love to myself and speak to myself as I would speak to my best friend. That language includes compassion, support, understanding and an unwavering sense of self-belief.
2. Indulging and doing things because I want to, not because I need a reason to spoil myself. This can be anything from buying myself something material I love to going for a massage.
3. Prioritising my happiness by saying yes to anything that excites me and no to anything that drains me. Protecting my energy is the greatest form of self-love!