WE'RE FIVE WEEKS DEEP
How did we get here? Time has equally flown by and slowed to a turtle pace.
We've got your next few dinners and lunches sorted (maybe even breakfast too) with another colourful, health-infused recipe from Dania Portman.
Peace out. x
IN THE KITCHEN
Dania Portman is back with an exclusive recipe for your eyes only. Try it out and fill up on the good stuff.
These super-simple Cumin Carrot and Kale Wraps with Tahini Yoghurt will have you salivating. The recipe serves two, so share one with your pal or keep it all for yourself. Healthy eating never looked so good.
Image provided by Dania Portman
- 3 carrots
- 2 cups of kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1.5 cups of yoghurt
- 1 generous spoonful of tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 flat brads like lavosh or pita bread
- Salt & pepper
1. Chop the carrots into even-sized chunks and steam for 10 minutes until tender.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the steamed carrots and cumin seeds for 5 minutes until they start to brown. Drizzle with honey and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat.
3. Add the chickpeas and kale, cook for another minute to wilt the kale and warm the chickpeas through.
4. Mix the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and a pinch of salt together to make a sauce. If it's too thick you can thin it out with a dash of water.
5. Lightly warm the flatbreads and spread with yoghurt sauce, top with the carrot mix, wrap up and enjoy.