We were lucky enough to catch up with gorgeous Eleanor Pendleton just before the birth of her second child (congratulations!). The beauty aficionado and entrepreneur has impressed us all for over a decade and, in our view, is one of the OG Australian influencers. As the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Gritty Pretty, we are always looking to her for the latest product recommendations, industry news and wellness solutions. Here, Reliquia gets a brief insight into her world. Come on this journey with us.
Top 3 words to describe yourself:
Committed, Loyal and Empathetic
Top 3 favourite Reliquia pieces:
Top 3 things your star sign says about you:
I'm a Sagittarius (birth date) but and Aries (moon) and Aries (rising), which essentially means I'm a triple fire sign! By birth date, I'm a textbook Sagittarius summer baby in that I'm fiercely independent and a lover of travel.
Some believe our rising sign plays a major role in shaping and defining our attitude, appearance, and the first impressions we make to the world, so as an Aries, I'm supposedly hallmarked by three things: emergence, creativity, and new beginnings. Aries Risings tend to understand the power of now. I have no reservations leaping into the unknown and I like taking calculated risks, which steers me well as a business-owner and entrepreneur.
It also means my sensible, balanced Libran husband is my perfect partner. He's also very cynical when it comes to horoscopes and star signs so I can feel his eyes rolling right now as I type this... Typical Libran! [Laughs].
Top 3 morning rituals:
Cuddles in bed with my son. Coffee. Breathing in fresh air, sitting on my porch.
Top 3 listens/reads/watches:
Podcast: Gritty Pretty's Beauty Talk
Watch: The Office (US)
Read: I've just starting 'Crying in H Mart' by Michelle Zauner
Top 3 Instagram accounts for daily inspiration:
It changes based on my interests, but at the moment:
1. @stevecordony for home/interiors inspiration;
2. @vikyandthekid for fashion;
3. @thedailyaus for news.
Top 3 self-care strategies:
1. Consciously check in with self - am I feeling overwhelmed? If so, am I eating healthy? Am I moving my body? Am I resting my mind? Have I done one thing to fill my cup today?
2. If I answer no to any of the above, take action and prioritise self. I can't show up for others if I don't show up for myself.
Top 3 summer skin essentials:
Top 3 words of wisdom for all the entrepreneurs out there:
Top 3 tunes to lift the mood:
1. Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader (this was my and my husband's first dance song at our wedding)
Top 3 pleasures (there is no such thing as a guilty one):
1. Swimming in the ocean
2. Having an ice cream with my son
3. Coffee dates with my husband